A swimmer since age 5, Timothy has long been involved in endurance sports. In high school, he was captain of the varsity swim team at Wyoming Seminary Prep (SEM) in Kingston, Pennsylvania, where he set multiple school records and earned repeated district championships and all-state honors. After high school, Timothy swam on the varsity team of the U.S. Naval Academy. Two years later, he jumped into triathlon, leading the U.S. Naval Academy Men’s Team to win two U.S. National Triathlon Championship titles.
After an assignment to the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Timothy competed at some of the highest levels of triathlon until 2009, when he transitioned from the Navy to focus exclusively on the sport. Since then, he has been a full-time professional triathlete, earning one of the most well-rounded list of achievements in professional triathlon.
- 50+ professional podium finishes
- More than 20 wins at major events throughout the world
- 2015, 3rd-place finish at the Ironman World Championship (WC) in Kona, Hawaii
- Top American male Ironman WC finisher in both 2013 (5th) and in 2015
- In 2013, he tied the existing American Ironman record with an 8:01:32 victory at Ironman Brazil
- Ironman 70.3 US Pro Champion in 2012
- Ironman US Pro Champion in 2011
How SaltStick helps Timothy:
“Long course triathlon is giant puzzle, to get your race right you need all the pieces in place. Keeping your electrolyte levels balanced is a critical piece of the puzzle and I rely on SaltStick to keep my body in balance as I strive to solve the puzzle and win races!”
Timothy’s favorite thing about triathlon:
“Challenging my mind, body and soul.”