FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
July 5, 2016 (Thousand Oaks, CA) — Toker Engineering, LLC, makers of SaltStick products, is celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2016. More than a decade ago, SaltStick Caps were engineered based on careful study of scientific literature of electrolyte loss in sweat, sourcing highly bioavailable ingredients, and extensive field testing. The first retail sales took place in March, 2006. Since then, SaltStick Caps — and additional SaltStick products, including SaltStick Caps PLUS and SaltStick Fastchews — have become the accepted standard for electrolyte replacement capsules and are sold in more than 35 countries around the world.
Jonathan Toker, Ph.D., CEO of Toker Engineering and creator of SaltStick products, has released the following statement, in celebration of the 10-year anniversary of SaltStick:
“To the SaltStick community: Ten years ago, I founded Toker Engineering as a platform to develop and launch the innovative SaltStick electrolytes and dispenser products. The very first retail delivery of SaltStick products took place on March 16th, 2006 to Nytro Multisport for the Ironman 70.3 California 2006 expo in Oceanside. Since that date ten years ago, we have supplied SaltStick to thousands of retailers, and well over a hundred thousand athletes in over 35 countries on six continents worldwide. Ten years continued growth in today’s business environment in a focused marketplace and with a unique brand is testament to the broad support of many athletes, retailers, distributors, family, friends, and professional athletes.
I wish to sincerely thank those of whom have not only recognized functional products based on science, but also on the personalized product support, small company history and perhaps most importantly, success on the race course! Within the company, we are athletes as well, and understand your challenges and concerns on training and racing nutrition. From the first beginnings over 14 years ago, SaltStick products were developed to solve personal race nutrition and storage issues. Once again, thank you for your brand loyalty, and here is a cheer to another 10 years of success together. The best is yet to come.”
More information about the development and history of SaltStick, including Toker’s inspiration for creating the product, the engineering process used to create SaltStick, and the benefits derived from the product can be found on the SaltStick History page here.
About SaltStick founder, Jonathan Toker, Ph.D.:
Jonathan Toker, Ph.D., founder of Toker Engineering LLC, developed the SaltStick products. Toker is an elite-level triathlete who hails from Canada and lives in Southern California. He received a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from The Scripps Research Institute in 2001, worked in the biotech industry for 5 years, and raced in the professional ranks as a triathlete and runner for 5 years.
About SaltStick products:
SaltStick Caps are the ONLY electrolyte capsule that was formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost during activity: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Other features include:
- Contains only WHAT YOU NEED: No herbal, trace, questionable components added. Gluten free. No soy or nuts. No sweeteners, and no high fructose corn syrup.
- Made in the USA — Free of banned substances and independently tested. Does not contain any banned substances. Learn more about our manufacturing and safety.
- Vegetable-based capsule composition. Bio-available active ingredients.
- Each capsule contains: 215 mg sodium, 63 mg potassium, 22 mg calcium, 11 mg magnesium. 100 IU Vitamin D to help the body absorb and utilize calcium. View the all the Caps ingredients.
- Also great for effective rehydration during international travel, hiking, and effects of alcohol and unfamiliar foods
- Also helpful for electrolyte supplementation for CF, POTS and Addison’s disease.
- Suggested use: 1 capsule per 30-60 minutes during activity. View our Caps Usage Guide.
- Available in several packaging formats.